Folks Reveal The Weird Things Their Families Do That They Didn’t Realize Was Weird
All families are different, and some have some strange quirks that they think are perfectly normal while others may find odd or embarrassing. Well, now some of those people are sharing.
BuzzFeed recently asked their users to tell them “the weirdest things their families do that they didn’t realize were weird until recently,” and folks were more than happy to share. And some are pretty darn strange.
Weird family things include:
- “Something that no one can ever understand about my family is how my parents decided to name me and my sisters. My dad chose our first names and my mom chose our last names. Yes,
- “If I got something in my eye when I was little, my parents would lightly suck on my eye to get it out.”
- “We have a rubber chicken that gets hidden all over the kitchen. Whoever finds it gets to hide it again. Now that my siblings and I have all grown up, we each have our own ‘kitchen chicken.'”
- “My mom has always had towels that hang on the racks in our bathrooms for looks that were nicer and more expensive than the ones we actually used. My dad calls them the ‘looking towels.'”
- When we had dinner, if you took a bite that was too hot (temperature wise), the rest of the family would blow into your mouth until it cooled off.”
- “No poop knife in my house, but we used wire coat hangers to pick big poops out of our butts, but then we threw out the used ones.”
- “Every few days, I would check my mom for ‘chin music.’ That means that I would have to see if there were any ‘pluck-worthy hairs’ on her chin (and sometimes the mustache!)”
- “My parents put certain foods (hot dogs, toast, etc.) on paper towels instead of plates. …Turns out my parents just really hate to wash dishes, so they destroy the planet by wasting paper and buying plastic cups instead. Real dishware only comes out on special occasions!”
- “We had a kitchen towel that we would pass around at dinner to wipe our hands on. Didn’t really think anything of it until my brother’s girlfriend started coming over and she asked about it.”
- “A friend of mine’s family eats corn on the cob for dessert.”
- “Anytime we would get fast food, we would put all of our fries together in a big mound to share. Sort of like communal fries. I was over at a friend’s house and they bought us fast food, so once we got home, I went to put my fries in a plate and put them in the middle of the table! I got a lot of strange looks.”